The trip across Finnmarksvidda has all the ingredients a good ski trip should have: Fantastic mountain terrain, many hours of skiing each day, sometimes a lot of changing weather and last but not least, the opportunity to see the northern lights. In the course of four days we go from Øvre Stilla and to Assebakti, via three of the mountain cabins located in the area. If you are curious about such polar expeditions, this can be a good place to start. Here, long days of skiing are combined with a nice level of comfort in the evening.
- One of Norway's most beautiful nordic skiing trips!
- Chances to see the northern lights along the way
- Accommodation in cozy mountain cabins such as Joatkajavri, Mollisjok, and Ravnastua
- The trip gives you a taste of the expedition life
- Chances to see herds of reindeer along the way
- Sauna in the evenings (at all the mountain cabins)
Nordic skiing adventures are closer than you think! This trip is in fact one of the most accessible ski expeditions we have in our country. From Alta Airport it is only 45 minutes to drive to the starting point of the trip at Øvre Stilla. And from here we go into the wilderness, towards Joatkajavri Fjellstue, and further across the mountain plateau towards Mollisjok Mountain Cabin and Ravnastua before we finally end up at Assebakti.
The ski trip across Finnmarksvidda is a nice starting point for people who want to try out longer ski trips, and not only that, this area is perfect on cold, cloudless winter evenings to see the northern lights. Here, the light pollution is almost zero, which makes the visibility completely unbeatable. Come join us on one of Norway's most beautiful skiing trips this winter!