Imagine the midnight sun dancing on the horizon as it casts streaks of warm light against the many thousands of islands in front. At selected spots you will find small settlements, a fishing boat floating on the water, a couple of locals who strike up a conversation in the evening sun... There are few places in Norway that can compete with the beauty of the Helgeland Coast.
- Remote mountain hikes with vistas of tens of thousands of islands
- Experience the Midnight Sun!
- Kayak through small islands and inlets around Støtt
- Explore Træna – one of Norway’s most creative and isolated municipalities
- Live the local lifestyle traveling by express boat from island to island
- See Puffins and Sea Eagles up close and personal
- Spend one night with the vast ocean as your closest neighbor at Myken Fyr
- Drink whiskey on Myken – at the world's first Arctic single malt whisky distillery, with whisky made from desalinated Arctic seawater, matured under the Midnight Sun and the Northern Lights.
The Helgeland coast is far less visited than Lofoten, more remote, but still just as dramatic and fantastic! On this trip, we visit islands such as Støtt, Rødøy, Lovund, Træna, and Myken, all distinctive island communities with both soul and charm unlike anywhere else in our country. We take the local express boat between the different islands, and experience what they have to offer on foot - with one exception, a truly magnificent kayak trip on Støtt. Are you the type who likes to visit places off the beaten track? Then this is the trip for you.
We at Norrøna Hvitserk Adventure are committed to giving our travelers experiences that are intimate, interactive, and engaging so that they are left with a unique insight into the different local communities we visit. We also try, as best we can, to limit our footprint while we are on a trip. This trip is therefore built around an already existing express boat network, in addition to the fact that we both eat and sleep in places that are run and owned by the locals.