There are few places in our country that can compare with Romsdalen and Sunnmøre. Here, sharp peaks go hand in hand with deep fjords, dramatic mountain ranges and small, cozy towns. We are spending a week in the area to experience what we believe are some of the very greatest highlights that these two regions have to offer.
- Visit Ålesund - one of Norway's most beautiful cities
- Experience the Geirangerfjord
- Drive up the spectacular Trollstigen to reach the mighty Trollveggen - our tour destination one of the days
- Visit remote Trandal, only accessible by boat
- Mountain tour to Slogen, one of the most spectacular mountains we have in Norway
- Overnight at Patchellhytta, a cosy, self-service DNT cabin
On this trip, we will explore the exceptionally beautiful mountain and fjord landscape in Romsdalen and Sunnmøre. The tour offers two of Norway's most popular and well-known highlights: the Geirangerfjord and Trollstigen, but we also take you off the beaten track to explore some of the more hidden gems that the area has to offer. For example, the kayak trip from Valldal, the mountain trip to Slogen and a visit to Trandal, a place that is only accessible by boat.
Every night we sleep in authentic and traditional accommodations that focus on short-traveled and tasty food. One of the highlights is undoubtedly Hotel Union Øye, a striking work of art of a hotel at the foot of Slogen. We will also spend the night at Patchellhytta, a self-service DNT cabin in the mountain home with a more primitive but very cozy standard. In other words, the variations on this trip are large, which will give us experiences that will most likely last a lifetime. Join us and experience Romsdalen and Sunnmøre this summer!