Do you want to combine some of the best winter activities we can offer, together with visits to remarkable places such as Jotunheimen, Filefjell, and the fjords? Then this is the one for you. On this week-long adventure, you get to go dogsledding, snowshoeing, winter kayaking, and also enjoy a beautiful fjord cruise. If that wasn't enough we can reveal that there are some hidden gems in there as well.
- Stay in the authentic Bygdin Mountain Hotel, over 100 years of history.
- Learn how to mush your own team of dogs!
- Snowshoe on The Kings Road and learn about the Norwegian Trekking Association.
- Hike on the "Vindhellavegen" section of the King's Road, what some consider the most impressive part of the journey towards the Norwegian fjords.
- Paddle through the fjords on a winter kayak trip.
- Enjoy a spectacular fjord cruise on the UNESCO listed Nærøyfjord.
- Take the Flåm Railway (one of the most beautiful train rides in the world) to Myrdal, before ending up in either Oslo or Bergen.
Jotunheimen National Park is the perfect place for dogsledding and snowshoeing in the winter. During your stay, you will join the local dogsledders, or mushers as they are called, on their adventures. Not used to dogs? Don't worry. These dogs are very friendly! If the snow conditions are right, you can cover up to 40 kilometers in one day. While running, the dogs are silent, and mushing is simply a beautiful, quiet, and nature-friendly way of experiencing the Norwegian mountains during winter.
Our snowshoeing adventures will take us into the winter landscape of the Norwegian Mountains for a truly humbling and breathtaking experience. On this tour, you will learn about local history, as well as snowshoe on the historical King's Road, the cultural heritage 100 km section of "road" from Oslo to Bergen, created in the 12th century. In addition to this, we will also do a winter kayak trip, and not to forget a snowshoe hike to Paradisjuvet, a hidden gem deep within the Norwegian fjords.
This tour takes us to family-owned accommodations and local communities in Norway to experience a typical small-town Norwegian lifestyle. Well-fed on traditional dishes served by local hosts, your winter holiday will give you the experience of a lifetime!